Our office is located in the historic Jordan Building, a Visalia landmark since 1888.
Built by John F. Jordan, who came to Visalia from Texas as a child in 1854, the building originally housed the Visalia Abstract Company.
Before starting his new business, Jordan was the Tulare County Recorder. Prior to this position, Jordan had also served as a Tulare County Deputy Sheriff, the Deputy Postmaster, and the Deputy School Superintendent.
Jordan started the Visalia Abstract Company in 1884 with offices initially situated in the old courthouse, which was then located on Main Street. Needing more space, Jordan constructed the building now occupied by our firm in 1888.
To protect and secure his abstract books, which were then valued at over $12,000, Jordan constructed a vault inside his building which was advertized as fire and burglar proof. As can be seen on our contact page, this vault continues to serve a useful purpose.